Things I Should Not Have Done This Week: A List

1. Cut my own bangs.

2. Accidentally thrown away the brand new sour cream container instead of the much expired sour cream container on the day I made South of the Border Casserole for dinner.

3. Put Rosie’s favorite sing-a-long CD in the Goodwill bag “just really quick to free up my hands on the way to the car.” (The car that I then drove to the Goodwill donation center. So long, Toddler Tunes II, it was brutally off-key and annoying. Happy trails.)

4. CUT MY OWN BANGS OMG.

5. Waited until now to mention on Yestertime that I got a job.

6. As the Assistant Editor at Pregnancy & Newborn Magazine.

7. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. I start Monday!

9. I have spent this week doing five squintillion things to prepare.

10. Thus, no blogging.

11. But I’ll definitely be back at it soon with lots to talk about.

12. In fact, I think I’ll write this weekend.

13. But don’t hold me to it.

14. I can’t believe I am starting a full time job in four days.

15. This is not really a list anymore.

16. Actually it stopped being a list at #5.

17. But I don’t care.

18. I’m just so, so excited you guys.

19. It’s kind of surreal.

20. But I still shouldn’t have cut my bangs.

1 Candace { 10.14.10 at 10:09 pm }

ohmygoodnessCONGRATULATIONS!!! This is amazing and fantastic and you deserve a drink at the chocolate bar. well done, rachel!!!!!

2 gmo { 10.15.10 at 9:28 am }

Maybe I was clairvoyant when I mentioned haircut in my note?

3 Allen { 10.15.10 at 9:35 am }

they are lucky to have you, I’m sure tons more newborns will start reading once you’re name is in there

way to kick ass, again

4 Ling { 10.15.10 at 2:06 pm }

Congratulations on the job! And yes, self-inflicted bangs are often a terrible thing. I know.

5 Mandi Davis { 10.16.10 at 3:09 pm }

I have been fighting my own powerful urge to cut my bangs all week. Thanks for talking me out of it by reminding me it is nearly always a heinous mistake. Congrats on the viable employment!

6 Leigh Ann { 10.16.10 at 8:18 pm }

i’ve actually gotten pretty good at cutting my own bangs. in fact, i now prefer how i cut them to how my stylist does it.

however…

i should NOT have cut off 8 inches of my own hair during a mental breakdown during the whole omg-i-have-lice-must-get-all-traces-of-bugs-out-of-my-hair fiasco.

*sigh*

good luck on monday! will be thinking about you!