Five minutes

Aaaaand, GO:

Pain, Pain Go Away

My laptop is scorching my bare legs right now. Like 2nd degree burns scorching. My neurotransmitters send my brain this signal loud and clear every time I’m on the computer doing work and then my brain promptly catalogs the information in the “Ignore and/or Pretend Not Happening, Hope It Goes Away” File.  Also in that file: the wasp nest in the attic, the burgeoning presence of my midsection, and the fact that I have been wearing my last pair of monthly contacts for six weeks and counting.

My Emotions, They Are Complex

Noah is going to his grandparents’ house in Tampa for SEVEN DAYS on Tuesday. I am equal parts excited and melancholy about this fact. On the one excited hand, I’m pretty confident that he’s going to have a total blast, and L and I will get to have some good quality one on one time with Rosie. On the melancholy other hand, MAH BAY-BEE BOY IS LEEEEEAVIN’ MEEEEEEE.


Hawking My Gently Used Wares To The Public At Large

Our yard sale on Saturday was a rousing success, to the tune of about $700. Cha-CHING! Not all of that money is mine – there were five contributors to the sale – but I did come away with about 40% of the earnings. HECK yeah. It was approximately ten degrees cooler than the surface of the sun during the day though, and so after about 11:30 the stream of customers slowed waaaaay down to only about 2, maybe 3 an hour. But we stuck it out until four o’ clock, because I will do just about anything for ten bucks that is what I put on all the posters.



1 amy { 07.19.10 at 1:28 pm }

If it makes you feel any better, I generally wear my contacts until they tear or fall out. Horribly unhealthy, I’m sure, but I’ve never had any problems. Also, I can’t believe you made that much money! I don’t think I’ve ever come out of a yard sale with more than $40.

2 Carol { 07.19.10 at 8:32 pm }

One of my fondest memories is when I got to go “all by myself” to Charleston to stay with my grandparents. It was the summer I turned seven. I felt homesick briefly on the second day, but my grandmother took me to the beach, read stories, and played “go fish” to my heart’s delight. I cried when it was time to go home. It was wonderful and I treasure it still.

Leave a Comment