Ketchup

Let’s see, what has happened lo these few weeks days I have been absent from triple dubya yestertimeblog dot com? Well, shortly after my trip to 17 Cherry Tree Lane with Noah, my brother graduated from college, which apart from being a very celebratory event, made me A.) feel old and B.) freak the hell out about really having left medical school. After which I broke up with the internet and spent more time with the people who knock around this house with me every day.  My job ended just after that and Noah left preschool in the dust of his size one shoe (and for those of you who do not speak Kid Shoe Size, size one for a five year old means Whoa nelly, that kid’s got some clodhoppers.) I then went online to buy a recommended “school pack” (Grade K, boy) and sign up for the elementary school’s listserv, which apart from being a very celebratory event, made me A.) feel old and B.) freak the hell out about really having a five and a half year old kid starting Kindergarten.  A couple of rooms got painted along the way, and I rearranged the bookshelves by color, which may or may not have made the baby Jesus cry.

Noah learned how to do this:

Which may or may not make the owners of our house a bit chagrined.

Also, this:

Which doesn’t have any explanation, you just needed to see it.

After all that we packed up and went to the beach for a week, where we sat around with friends and looked at this:

And this:

Then we got back on Saturday and have spent the last three days in mourning for the carefree oceanside life.

Ok! Brisk clap! Now that THAT’S out of the way, we now return you to your regularly scheduled sarcasm, caps lock, and unusually frequent mentioning of burritos.

1 ginnymom { 06.08.10 at 9:56 am }

Ah! The wall-climbing trick. Cool.

2 Julie Ross { 06.08.10 at 12:23 pm }

Welcome back Rachel….I must say my call nights have not been the same without something new to read on your blog!

3 Lynn Peek { 06.08.10 at 12:33 pm }

I didn’t know about the wall climbing trick. Guess I had girls! I would have had to do some quick attitude adjustment before I could appreciate that. I’ll be ready if there’s a grandson!

4 racher { 06.08.10 at 1:03 pm }

Actually, the whole reason Noah attempted it in the first place was because Sarah told him a story about two sisters we knew when we were little who could scale their door jambs like monkeys.

5 racher { 06.08.10 at 1:05 pm }

Also, Julie, shoot! If I had known that, I would have been more vigilant! After all, it’s for the children!

6 Aunt Rachel { 06.08.10 at 4:13 pm }

Noah’s daddy used to frequently climb the walls in our hallway when we were growing up. Especially when we would play hide and go seek in the dark. I could never find him.

7 Rebekah { 06.08.10 at 8:28 pm }

totally used to climb doorways. I think I even remember the day I couldn’t do it anymore. a sad, sad day.

8 Anjie { 06.08.10 at 9:05 pm }

I heard from a reliable source that previous tenants of your house may also have had monkey like climbing abilities…possibly in that very same doorway. Which is really just begging to be climbed like that by people with extra large feet.

9 Leeann { 06.09.10 at 2:00 pm }

Ah yes, the doorway climb. The Kluskiewicz kids are pros.