Libretto

We’re back, and I’m worn slap out from wedging my XL childbearing hips into the very small space between Rosie’s car seat and Noah’s booster seat for the last two hours of the 10 hour trip back to Atlanta, (in a torrential downpour)(in a traffic jam)(with Rosie teetering on the edge of toddler insanity)(OMG) so I’m just going to hand the storytelling* over to Rosie for today. I seem to change my mind on this every time I’m asked, but for today, if I had to choose one word to describe this girl it would be expressive.

*If you can decipher an actual story from this, please tell me what it is. I am dying of curiosity.  Something about…the fact that she has a hand? And Ashley was there? And also Sam? I have not the first clue, you guys. I just know that whatever happened, it was MAJOR.

Well, what had HAPPENED was… from racher on Vimeo.

1 Samantha { 04.09.10 at 6:55 am }

Oh my God. Do NOT let her grow up. Please let her stay like that forever, because she is golden.

2 Dorothy { 04.09.10 at 7:17 am }

awesome. the first part actually looked more like a tribal rain dance (hands to the ground – hands up to the sky). I think I heard the word “come” – I think she was calling for the rain to come and wash away the pollen.

but I don’t know how that fits with Sam or Ashley, while both cool guys, I don’t think they have the power to make it rain

3 alianora { 04.09.10 at 7:49 am }

I heard “monsters” and “down” and then a blur of Ewok language.

4 Katie { 04.09.10 at 10:09 am }

I’ve been reading A LOT of your blog here lately, Miss Hot Stuff, especially since my kids have been testing in class and I needed something to look at OTHER than Facebook. I forgot how much I enjoy it, and ALSO how close in age Branch and Rosie are. This post calms my fears a bit, I must confess. In reading your blog, I was all sorts of worried that Rosie was TALKING IN FULL SENTENCES and HAVING CONVERSATIONS with you, and well, Branch isn’t doing that. BUT, he’s doing exactly what Rosie was doing in this movie… ALL THE TIME. (whew!)

She’s got more words than B, but, I think sometimes I say stuff for him instead of letting him try. I’ve been backing off lately, letting him verbalize more and more. It gets funnier everyday.

Hilarious video, and post. I’m a regular reader now! Bring it!

5 Leigh Ann { 04.09.10 at 10:21 am }

well, josh watch this with me and this is what he said..

“that’s a girl. she is in the kitchen. look! she has a ponytail! haha! she is funny! that girl is rosie? rosie is silly! haha! yes. (nods head).

so apparently he understands her. :)

i agree with dorothy. does kinds look like she is doing some kind of tribal rain dance! so cute!

6 gmo { 04.09.10 at 1:48 pm }

What did you put in her juice that day???

7 Leeann { 04.09.10 at 8:57 pm }

I think the part when she takes the dish towel pretty much explains it all. Nina told me that exact same story when she was that age :)

8 racher { 04.09.10 at 9:05 pm }

Ewok language! Yes!

9 Sara P { 04.09.10 at 11:49 pm }

I think that it was a perfect reenactment of Kerri Strug landing the vault in Atlanta oh those many years ago during the Olympics – she kept on point towards the feet to symbolize the pain then putting those hands high up in the air to say “Yes! I landed it!” just like a good gymnast does – she’s so smart she impersonates things she wasn’t even around to witness 😉

10 Ashley { 04.12.10 at 8:47 am }

Obviously this is a description of the church nursery. You can see clearly in the beginning when little Sam is placed onto the floor of the nursery. The there is a descriptive portion where Sam’s coordination as a new walker is demonstrated. And Rosie is the helpful bud making sure his hands get cleaned off after hitting the floor. Finally, Sam’s dad does arrive and picks him up right from out of Rosie’s caring grasp. And then my favorite part, the dramatic conclusion is the interpretation of how I walk (from Rosie’s floor level perspective) with big giant ogre steps. The dishtowel is the prop representing Sam’s blanket as we finally get that together and walk away into the Sunday afternoon. Obviously.

11 Kolbi { 04.12.10 at 8:39 pm }

This might be the best thing I’ve seen. Ever.

12 ginny { 04.12.10 at 8:53 pm }

Ashley. How could it have taken us so long? So obvious. Really.