Made for walking

So! Yesterday was better-ish, and I was actually able to control my urge to run screaming from the house. In fact, I was, you know, the adult around here, which may or may not be the ultimate key to the secret of parenting, I discovered! Did you guys know this? No, seriously – did you already know? Because if you did and you were holding out on me, YOU SHOULD HAVE LET ME IN ON IT YOU JERKS. Or at least come to babysit my children for an hour to let me go sob over an appletini somewhere.

But I don’t want to talk about that right now. What I would like to talk about is COWBOY BOOTS. As in, I GOT ME SOME.  Here they are:

BOOTS
*photo credit: www.etsy.com/shop/FiregypsyVintage

I know that, in theory, shoes can’t really change your life or anything, but I’ll be damned if these aren’t putting a little more kick in my step. You just try to wear cowboy boots and not feel like a badass. Go on! Can’t be done. Unfortunately, as I seem to work in a place with a high rate of accidental-stepping-on-of-tiny-fingers, I don’t get to wear these as much as I might like to. But the other day I wore them to the drugstore, and Ima tell you right now, that’s the badassest I’ve ever felt buying tampons right there, HOO BOY.

Tomorrow I think I’ll wear them to the library where we’ll just SEE about that $1.10 fine, Ms. Librarian, WON’T WE.

1 Samantha { 02.03.10 at 8:34 am }

You tell that librarian, Tex!

PS. I’m totally jealous of those boots. Give them to me!

2 Anjie { 02.03.10 at 9:00 am }

So cute those boots!!! Rock it!

3 Allen { 02.03.10 at 10:10 am }

Too many women underestimate the power of the cowboy boot. I had a great pair in high school (and nice boots too) that I stupidly donated to the fundraising yard sale was had for the Close-Up trip to DC. Joseph and I starting dating on that trip. I miss the boots.

4 WhiskAwayNic { 02.03.10 at 11:08 am }

Hot! I love the way boots make me feel, like I have no other choice but to strut and stride about. People talk about ‘power ties’ for the boys, but I tell you there’s nothing like a Power Boot!

5 Amy { 02.03.10 at 11:19 am }

Do you wear your jeans over them or tuck the jeans into them? I’m fashion-challenged, help me.

6 Rachel { 02.03.10 at 5:10 pm }

Nice Boots! There’s nothing like a great pair of boots made with good leather….they just keep looking better and better over time. And, they also get more and more comfortable with wear as the leather molds to the shape of your foot.

7 racher { 02.03.10 at 10:08 pm }

Amy – unfortunately, as the rest of my wardrobe is severely badass-challenged, I am having to figure out how exactly to wear them with what I have. So far it’s been only under the jean, but I bought a dress to wear them with. That’s right: cowboy boots and my pale white legs. HOTT.