Rallying

I’m posting just a quick video today not just to cop out on promises of words and sentences, but to help remind myself (before posting in less abridged fashion about my frustrations later this week) that there can be a subtler, softer side to the small girl who right now is wearing down my very last reserves of goodwill and patience. Yesterday was a rough day, one where everything was a battle topped with wailing and a side of thrashing, and I was left worn out and wrung out, oversaturated with the feeling of clingy, clawing, needy, sticky toddler touch. The amount of energy needed to take care of her was staggering, too much. And all I’m left with today is a feeling of dread. I know it’s probably only a temporary thing, teething or growing or mutating or something. But dreadful is never the way you want to feel about time spent with your children. You know?

So, now that I’ve thrown a wet blanket over your morning, (you’re welcome!) I would like to give you this video as an apology, and fervently hope (for all of us) that today will be a day not of dread but of dance.

A subtle shimmy from racher on Vimeo.

1 Jill Tolbert { 02.02.10 at 9:12 am }

adorable!

2 Elizabeth Hartman { 02.02.10 at 9:18 am }

She’s so cute when she dances!

3 Dorothy { 02.02.10 at 9:33 am }

So cute, I can’t wait to hang out with her in May/June.

Also, Russ would commiserate with you. The past two days, Tay had been out to get him, being completely sweet with me, but then completely defiant with all the not listening, fit pitching, food throwing, and name calling with him. I think she senses my current state of being on the verge of insanity, so she saves all of her defiance for him. I’m ok with that.

4 Leigh Ann { 02.02.10 at 10:28 am }

soft little hip sway, sooo cute! and i feel you girl. had the SAME type of day yesterday with josh. he has definitely hit the terrible 2’s. he is behind verbaly, so he gets really frustrated. at the end of the day i was beyond exhausted. it was one of those days in motherhood where at the end of the day i had to re-evaluate my parenting strategy with him. think it is time to give him some control. letting him make some more decisions, and making sure i stay more patient with him. it’s working so far, but it’s only 9 am! we will see how it goes! hang in there…we can do it!!

5 ginny { 02.02.10 at 10:55 am }

You need music all over the house for this one!

6 Gramps { 02.02.10 at 1:39 pm }

Love that girl!

7 katelyn { 02.02.10 at 8:56 pm }

cutie patootie!

8 Carol { 02.02.10 at 9:04 pm }

Children ages 15-21 months old are jet-propelled and clingy. Hang on– everything smooths out at 21 months.