Now my tombstone can read: SHE RAN ALL THE WAY

Here it is, the highly awaited Oscar-buzzed film of 2009.  I really do love to milk a good accomplishment. And you’ll notice here that “good accomplishment” means “finishing the race on par with half an elementary school and a small yappy dog.”

(I TOTALLY SAW THAT DOG WALK.)

I would also like to remind everyone that this is a big deal to me not just because I’ve never run this far ever, but also because five months ago, I looked like this.  That girl deserves a music video, am I right?

Note: You may also notice some shots of Noah “warming up” for and running his own personal race, the Tot Trot. Though not captured, it should be reported that halfway across the field he bit the dirt. Hard.  We held our breath, hands to our mouths braced for the devastation, but that kid stood right back up and crossed the finish line at full speed.  Later he said, “I fell down.  But I was one of the fastest ones!” That moment? Almost better than all the rest of the race day combined.

The Big Race from racher on Vimeo.

1 Gramps { 03.23.09 at 7:39 am }

All right! Good job Noah! Congrats, Rach–so when do you plan to do a 10K?

2 Anjie { 03.23.09 at 7:53 am }

CONGRATULATIONS Rachel!!!!!!!! I’m SOOOOO excited for you!!! You can do ANYTHING!

Also, tell Noah I said “Congratulations! Way to run!”

3 Nicole A. { 03.23.09 at 8:19 am }

NICE WORK!! Way to run it out!!
ps – what do you use to edit your videos, they are so cute!

4 Amanda { 03.23.09 at 8:34 am }

Congrats!! You looked great – so strong all the way to the end! Great finish time, too – perfect! So, when’s your 10k?

Best soundtrack EVER.
Onward!!

5 Leeann { 03.23.09 at 8:37 am }

OK, maybe it’s the music or the shots of Noah or the fact that I’ve slept a grand total of 6.2 hours since Barf Fest 2009 commenced on Friday, but I am WEEPING watching that. I am so, so excited for you. I knew you could do it! Congratulations!

6 Elizabeth { 03.23.09 at 8:52 am }

Congrats!

7 amy { 03.23.09 at 10:16 am }

Congrats! You looked great, totally like a runner…like you’d been doing it your whole life.

8 ginnymom { 03.23.09 at 2:17 pm }

so what’s with this? I’m crying, from the first chord. just so proud of you. where is that box of tissues?

9 Rachel W { 03.23.09 at 3:19 pm }

Hooray for Rach!! I love the shot off all the little kids breaking out of the starting line. Don’t you love it when 11 year olds smoke you?

10 libby { 03.23.09 at 5:43 pm }

you make me cry like a 7 yr old girl. you’re a freaking nike commercial! good work!! and remind me to tell you sometime about the 10k in charleston where i got run over by a bowling ball…

11 Dorothy { 03.23.09 at 8:25 pm }

seriously – i got a little teary too. that’s amazing….i am almost inspired to start running, maybe you can give me lessons in July.

12 Shayleen { 03.23.09 at 8:45 pm }

I am so proud of you!! I am supposed to be running a 1/2 marathon in 3 weeks but because of a back injury i had to back out. I teared up watching your video because whether it is a 5k, 10k or 1/2 marathon, you are AWESOME for setting a goal and achieving it!!

13 racher { 03.23.09 at 9:15 pm }

HA – you guys thought my goal was to run the 5K, but it was actually to make you all CRY LIKE BABIES.
Look what you can achieve if only you believe.
(Srsly, thanks for all the congrats)

14 EMSA { 03.23.09 at 9:18 pm }

i liked hearing L cheer in the background…great job, rachel!

15 Tayd { 03.23.09 at 10:15 pm }

You rock! Veeerrry nice job. I was inspired. (And shamed. I’m forty-two months post-baby and I think the last time I ran was to the freezer during a commercial break for a Haagen Dazs bar.)

Yay for you!

And yay for Noah.

16 Sara P { 03.23.09 at 10:40 pm }

I also cried! It’s so great to see someone so happy after finishing something that they worked for and had a strong goal for! YOU ROCK!!

17 candace { 03.24.09 at 12:32 am }

clearly a rock star, and not just because you had the brightest pink gear of anyone in the race (making spotting you in the crowd so much easier, thanks) but because holy moley, i can barely jog down the street to your house and am hugely impressed with your “but really, i’m not a runner” self. well done!

18 Sam { 03.24.09 at 12:27 pm }

Congrats Rachel and Noah! Way to go!!! Can’t wait to see you guys next weekend at the next 5K!

19 gossamer { 03.28.09 at 10:00 pm }

“I just felt like running.”

20 Deb { 03.29.09 at 4:06 pm }

Congratulations!!! that is super exciting and you inspired me to think I could do it too!!

Rock on!