On cleaning the bathroom shower

Our bathroom shower has gotten pretty disgusting. Okay, more than disgusting – last night, a particularly nasty piece of mold stood up while I was bathing the Bug and said “You missed a spot. And your hair looks like trash.” Man I hate mold.

But cleaning the bathroom shower falls under the category of Things You Should Be Doing If You Are To Be Considered Grown Up. I mean, it’s true – when considering adult-type people, I generally think they’ve got things like keeping the Health Department out of their house down pat.

In my head, the list includes such ghastly things as:

– paying bills and taxes

– having insurance

– getting the oil changed

– watching what you eat (this one currently has the majority of my contempt)

– owning a hose and/or lawnmower (using them however, is optional)

The list could go on.

And that is why I let my shower get to the point of creating new species. It’s so that in my small way, I can rebel against Being Grown Up and retain at least some semblance of a hold on my carefree days of yore.

You know, back before I squeegeed.

1 Rachel { 09.27.07 at 7:20 pm }

Okay, we are pretty solid on numbers 1 to 3, struggling with number 4, and are nowhere near number 5. I think that’s about right for being in my late 20’s. Anthony ought to be doing a lot better for being mid-30’s. As far as the main adulthood indicator, our shower has a population of 50. I’ve ignored it so thoroughly that Anthony was planning to clean it last weekend of his own volition (!)…of course that never actually happened.

2 racher { 09.27.07 at 8:43 pm }

ha – that’s actually what prompted my post: the Lorso offered to clean the shower tonight (but hel-LO – it’s the Grey’s premiere, there’s no way that’s happening)
also, people always say “you’re exempt from that list – you have a kid! automatic grown-up status!” except, no – that means not following the list makes you feel even worse. i mean, you have a kid who needs to see his parents owning a lawnmower! otherwise how will he ever know what to do?

3 alianora { 09.28.07 at 12:34 pm }

Uhoh. We neither clean the shower nor own a lawnmower. Or a lawn.

This could be very damaging to Voldemort’s emotional development.

4 racher { 09.28.07 at 1:57 pm }

i’m pretty sure you’re exempt from the lawnmower and hose if you live in Alaska.

5 Allen G. { 10.16.07 at 3:18 pm }

I swear by Kaboom!

6 racher { 10.16.07 at 10:41 pm }

Allen – it’s like they say, “you can take the girl out of Ace Hardware…”

7 Proof that junk mail can ruin lives « Yestertime { 11.07.07 at 5:10 pm }

[…] late. Ah, but wait, hasty Internet! Before you jump to conclusions about our irresponsible ways and lack of a hose, let me say that we have always, always sent our check on […]